Chincoteague and Assateauge Islands fully awaken in May. All shops and restaurants that were closed for the winter re-open. Scenic cruises to view the wild ponies of Assateague Island and charter fishing cruises resume after a winter hiatus. The weather is mild, the crowds slim. It’s a wonderful time to spend a few days at Island Manor Chincoteague Island Bed and Breakfast.
There are several fun events on the community calendar in May, 2012:
- Chincoteague Seafood Festival, May 5. A simple spring tradition of good food, good music, and good company.
- Captain Bob’s Marina Flounder King Tournament, May 11-20. Anglers, get ready to catch some big fish.
- Migratory Bird Celebration, May 12. Celebrate the spring migration at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.
- Second Saturday Art Stroll, May 12. Shops and art galleries stay open late and host special events.
- Acoustic Music Series, Big Wide Grin, May 26. A 3 Peace Band, soulfully acoustic. Sure to be a fabulous show.
- Blessing of the Fleet, May 27. Remember Chincoteague’s roots as a fishing village.
Help us celebrate the arrival of spring with one of the above events, or simple come for a few days of peace and quiet. Bring binoculars and scan the skies and shores for migrating waterfowl. Bring a good book and a good friend.
Call a 1-800-852-1505 or visit the reservations page of Island Manor House, an Assateague Bed and Breakfast.