Does this warm weather make you wanna put on your sunscreen, grab your pole and some bait? If so, come on over to Chincoteague next month for Captain Bob’s Marina Flounder Tournament! Taking place from May 3rd through May 12th this year, there is no registration deadline, simply register before you start fishing! Here are some rules to keep in mind:
- Registration fee is $35
- You can fish on the shore or off a boat.
- There are 10 days to try and catch the biggest fish. You must fish using a hook and line and follow state and federal regulations in regards to size and creel limits, which is 16″ minimum in length with a creel/bag limit of four fish.
- The tournament takes place in Chincoteague and Assateague waters only. Fishing outside the inlet will get you disqualified.
- Daily weigh-ins take place between 1 and 6 p.m. The final weigh-in will be at 1 p.m. on May 12th.
- The winner is the fisherman with the greatest daily weight of three fish or less.
- Five cash prizes will be given
- Register online or via mail from Captain Bob’s website.
Not a competitive fishermen? Maybe you’re more of an armature? Consider chartering a fishing trip during your visit to Chincoteague. Summertime is the best season for fishing on Chincoteague. A charter boat Captain knows all the best places to cast a line. Whether you want to go deep sea fishing or fish for flounder in the inlet, these Captains know where to take you.
Lodging for Your Trip to Chincoteague
Whether you are here for the Flounder Tournament, some recreational fishing or just a getaway to the Virginia coast, Island Manor Bed and Breakfast has superior lodging at competitive prices. Check out our lovely, historical property and enjoy a great night’s rest in one of our guestrooms.