You know it’s spring when you start to hear people talking excitedly about the upcoming Chincoteague Flounder Tournament. Captain Bob’s Marina Flounder King Tournament is scheduled for May 22 – 31, 2015. Will you be here?
An annual event that brings regional anglers out of the woodwork, Captain Bob’s Chincoteague Flounder Tournament offers cash prizes to anglers with the greatest total daily weight of three fish or less, along with a couple of other special categories – such as heaviest flounder of the tournament.
Registration is easy and reasonably priced – only $25! – so, if you feel you’ve a way with the rod and the fishes, get yourself to the 2015 Chincoteague Flounder Tournament.
This year’s Chincoteague Flounder Tournament regulations:
- Registration fee is $25
- You can fish on the shore or off a boat.
- You have 9 days to try and catch the biggest flounder, using a hook and line and in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations regarding size and creel limits.
- Tournament legal fish may only come from within Chincoteague and Assateague waters. Outside the inlet gets you out of the tournament.
- Daily weigh-ins take place between 1pm and 6pm at Captain Bob’s Marina, with the final weigh-in on Sunday, May 31st at 1pm.
- Winner is the fisher with the greatest total daily weight of three fish or less.
- Calcutta winner: heaviest flounder of the tournament.
- Categories for Heaviest Bluefish, Croaker, or Trout prizes will also be awarded.
Five cash prizes will be given and will be based upon entree fees collected less tournament expenses:
- First Place: 40% of take
- Second Place: 25% of take
- Third Place: 15% of take
- Fourth Place: Ugly Stik/Penn Combo
- Fifth Place: $50 gift certificate
Chincoteague Flounder Tournament t-shirts will be available throughout the event, starting at $12.00 each for small through xl and an additional $1.50 for 2 and 3x.
2015 Chincoteague Flounder Tournament
Captain Bob’s Marina Flounder King Tournament
May 22nd through the 31st
2477 Main Street, Chincoteague
You can register online at the Captain Bob’s Marina website or via mail. There is no registration deadline – contestants need only be registered 8 hours prior to weighing in a fish.
Chincoteague Flounder Tournament Lodging
Don’t flounder around when it comes to choosing your perfect Chincoteague lodging – Island Manor House Bed and Breakfast is the key to your Virginia coast getaway! With incomparably comfortable guest suites, air conditioning, wireless internet, daily treats, a game room, beach gear and a concierge service, 1848 Island Manor House Bed and Breakfast is your Chincoteague Island home away from home!